Wednesday, September 10, 2008

in my life, be lifted high.

wow, long long time of not-blogging =)
sorry guys! busy busy stuff.

mm well the tassie trip was awesome, apart from the great time spent with old friends, this trip really put things into perspective for me. i really thought a lot about what i prize in my life, what i invest my time into, what kind of things REALLY make my 'top 10 priorities list'. and then i realised that God should be more apart of this list.

the wedding was beautiful. it was so nice to see tan finally getting married! the actual wedding was short and sweet, and then a whole lot of us proceeded to 'h&k' (a funky cafe which also sells art and awesome chai teas in launceston town) for afternoon tea. spent an awesome afternoon with the chugg kids.

apart from that, God's really been speaking to me and working in my life. lately he's been reminding me of his awesome power and strength. he's been constantly showing me examples of biblical characters trembling with fear of him. i guess i realised that sometimes when i come before God, i come so casually - like a buddy rather than an all-powerful God who can quite easily strike me dead in a split second. i mean yes, we should be able to come before God freely, and honestly, but we should also come in awe and reverence and holy fear towards him, because he is one MIGHTY God!

this morning, as i was doing my QT, i decided to spend it with God in silence. i didn't say one word (rare, i know!). i just sat and enjoyed his presence. i really heard him speak to me, showing me and telling me that he has a purpose for my life. i really believe that he's calling me into a deeper relationship with him, and he's going to use me mightyly, so i'm trying my hardest to be ready. but for once in a while, i feel like i'm living with a purpose and plenty of hope.

i decided to read a whole lot of books off my dad's shelf. lots of these are bible school books of theological stuff. the one i'm reading now is called, 'soul-winner' by C.H. Spurgeon. it's a REALLY old book with hard to understand english, but it's great. i'm really learning heaps, and it's really down to earth.

so all in all, me and God are great for the moment, which is fantastic!

year 10 chapel is next tuesday... EXCITEMENT!!!! i'm so excited! we're doing a 'God's Army' theme, with a dance, drama, short message, and finishing with 'shout unto God' by hillsong for worship. it should be amazing, and i'm really praying that God'll use us to speak to the rest of the school. year 11 chapel last tuesday was awesome. God's spirit was so evidently working within those who were willing to open their hearts to his work. God really used rach as she spoke so genuinely about giving God our ALL. i really believe God is beginning to raise up the genuine christians in our school and generation, that he will seperate those who are really after him, and those who are just playing christian. those who are willing to stand and be counted will be seperated from the mediocre christians. and i am so pumped!

my heart goes out to the families who've lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks, eight years ago now. it's really sad, and it's just another reminder of how fallen humanity is.

and. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAC CHUGG =) big 13!

US of A in 5 sleeps. i'm so excited!

xoxo

No comments: