Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a new chapter

so as i put 2008 officially behind me with going to school today, i feel like i need to write, as if blogging and everything else that makes it feel like a new year comes with starting school. it is already almost feb, but this year feels like it's just begun.

so school today was a killer, with temperatures reaching above 43 degrees. the teachers all thought it was funny that they were running 'wet weather' timetable when it was really 'hot weather' timetable. it was blazer free and tie & top button free all day.

i enjoyed my day, though it only was really 3 periods instead of the normal 7. it was chinese, english & methods, and i got homework (which wasnt hard stuff).

i feel like i have to report my holidays too. my explanation for it comes in two words - work & photographs. yes, work & holiday homework filled most of my days, while my new best friend - my Nikon SLR - hung out with me the rest. my mum thinks i took some good pictures that i should submit to some show or competition, but i still feel i have a LONG way to go. i am yet to master the white balance function as well as shooting manually on my digital SLR, but its all coming together, and i'm enjoying it thoroughly.

spiritually, i haven't been awesome, to be honest. i have practically ignored God and maybe even avoided him because of several different things that have happened. also, (i know this is NO excuse but still) i usually do something very spiritually stimulating and refreshing this time of year like usually i go to planetshakers or last year it was the missions trip. i guess i tend to get very tired and worn out spiritually by now usually, but this year i've had to go without and that's been hard. last night though, i knew i had to make it right. i was literally scared of praying because i knew God wouldn't be happy with me. but, as soon as i started to ask for forgiveness, God really gave me peace. it was so overwhelming. i am so happy to report that i spent a great day with Jesus today, doing the normal stuff i do.

i'll leave you with my favourite shots this summer.
you can check out more on facebook =)
enjoy starting school everybody!















No comments: