Sunday, October 12, 2008

fruit salad



actually, this blog is not at all about fruit salad. i just called it that because it's a mix of everything.. like looking inside my head for the last few days...
while i was on the trip, i realised how much my parents left behind in malaysia just to come and fufill the call of God here in melbourne. as they met up with their old friends, i realised how hard it really is to live away from your home. i've always welcomed the idea of God calling me to the mission field or even just away from home, and yet, now that i think about it, i don't know so much if i'll ever be able to leave my family and friends and go to a country where i don't know anyone and start all over again.

this morning at church, rev. michael sim came to speak and though his message wasn't spectacular, God's presence was really there and i felt convicted to go up when my dad made an altar call. so, i went and i really felt God saying to me, "i'm what's missing in your life, stop replacing me with cheap imitations, you don't need friends or family to love you, you need me. stop looking to those and look to me. it's all about me. i'm here for you to come to anytime." i was really touched as i (for the first time ever in front of anyone!) kneeled before him in his presence. and now i'm really excited because i think God is preparing me for when he's going to call me to step out in faith for Him.

i'm still praying my youth group really opens up their hearts and lets God's fire engulf their hearts with his love, passion and zeal because until then, or youth group isn't going to grow much. i'm trying to be patient, but me being human, it's hard sometimes.

it's so refreshing to visit old friends and catch up. i am constantly amazed by how fast time blows by and before you know it, it's been years! and they're considered 'old friends'. i wish 'old friends' were ones you ALWAYS saw, but i guess time changes things and we all move our seperate ways, but with old friends, catching up is never awkward and it always feels like we've been together all along.

i gotta try try try harder in methods! ARGH my average was once A+ - A in semester one and now it's going downhill. i got 66% for my last test!!! i cannot wait to get maths over and done with next year so that i can do my arty stuff in year 12.

i'm so happy that shaun and gabriel got baptised yesterday! if i knew, i would've been there! i'm so glad that you guys have been faithful to God all these years, and it's been a pleasure seeing you guys grow and finally make a commitment like this to God and your peers.

for quite a while now, God has placed something in my heart for the kids at school. i really know that God has put me there to reach out to the people around me, but i don't know where to start, so i've been praying that God will give me opportunities where i can share him with others, and he has.

this year, i'm on a commitee at school called 'chapel champions' and basically, we plan chapels at our school. it's been great and i have really gotten excited and gotten others excited about chapels. it's cool to see the 'behind-the-scenes' of God's work in oxley.

also, last year, i was browsing through myspace profiles (back when myspace was the hip thing) and i came across a guy in my year level's. in the 'about me' section, he wrote a long-winded passage about how he doesn't believe in any God and how all religions are the same.... and basically, he's an atheist. he's not totally against the idea of God or a god, but he doesn't believe in one either. anyway, i started praying for him, and this year, he was in my photography class in semester one, my art class in semester two and my science class in semester two. so, i've been talking to him and about a month ago had a great conversation with him over msn in which i found out a lot about him and about his views on religion. i really believe he's searching and i've been praying for him ever since, hopefully as i continue to chat more with him at school, he'll open up more to God.

yeah thats it for now =)
for those from fungus / ex-fungus: really hoping i'll have the chance to catch up with you all soon cos i miss you all and i think i haven't seen any of you at least since shaun's birthday party!

xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The major problem for this type of salad is non-availability of the seasonal fruits. It is very nutritious and good for overall health especially for children. Fruit salad recipes: Banana: 3 (ripe), 2. Orange: 1, Cherries: By choice, Guava: 1, Apple: 1, Mango: 1,Grapes: 15-20, Pomegranate seeds: Half, Sugar: 1/2 cup (as required), Lemon juice: 3 tsp. Method of preparation for fruit salad recipe: Peel the fruits and cut. Try to have circular shape cuts. Remember to pour lemon juice on the fruit pieces immediately. Add sugar in little water and mix it so that sugar pieces melt well. Pour it on the fruit pieces. Refrigerate it and serve chilled.
----------
Olivia


Guaranteed ROI