Thursday, February 26, 2009

inspiration, or lack thereof

the piano and violin stare at me and make me feel the most guilt i've ever felt. you know why? because i don't touch them. and why don't i touch them? well, that is a bit more complicated. anyone who plays an instrument i think would understand that everytime you start a new piece, you eventually reach your 'peak', where all the notes seem to fit so well under your fingers and you seem to be so in tune with the music you play. then, one day, it starts going downhill. even though you've peaked, you HAVE to get it better, faster, take it to another level. but you can't. and it seems my technique and pieces are all past their peak at the moment, and that scares me, and frustrates me.. like hell.

and then there's the awesome feeling i get when capture a photograph with my camera, and i look back at it and think, "that's the one".. it's the greatest feeling in the world.

or the feeling you get when you get a test back and you did way better than you think you did. the sheer joy! and then all the work was worth it.

why must music frustrate me so much?

2 comments:

a'drienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a'drienne said...

sweet, we have to catch up !
its been decades =)