Monday, April 5, 2010

Quirk

It's awesome how everyone has their little quirks. Everyone is unique and has something different to give to the world. I know this sounds to cliche, but seriously, everyone of my friends brings something different to my life.

I was reminded what i loved about my Best friend last night. One thing I had forgotten was her love to quote movies, just like me. I forgot where I got my love of quoting from. It's one of those things that started all those years ago after watching "Uptown Girls" and "Napoleon Dynamite" and our favourite person to quote? Winnie the Pooh.

I love that one of my best friends (who is a guy) is so arty and fashionable and loves shopping more than me. I love that he buys me the best presents ever cos he knows the kind of fashion sense/style I have. I love that sometimes we think he could be gay because of the way he dresses and the things he talks about (but of course he's not).

I love that one of my best friends acts like my big brother. I love how he is this really dignified, righteous, upstanding, cool kinda guy when you first meet him.. until you realise that he actually makes really lame jokes. I love the way he's kinda protective too.

I love that one of my best friends who is older than me is sometimes like my little sister. I love that we can talk about anything, and I love her love of all things vintage and retro. I love how we can completely relate on all things to do with our families because theyre kind of the same. I love the way she cleans her room a billion times over jus so she doesn't have to start her homework!

I love that one of my closest friends grew up in Chille. I love his weird accent.

It's all these things about all these people that I love. Of course, there are many more, but I can't list them all. seriously, my life would be a bore without you guys.

In short, quirkiness doesn't always equal arty-dressed, nerd glasses wearing people. Quirkiness is present in all of us, and I guess it's these little things that we find we miss about each other.

No comments: