Saturday, April 3, 2010

we were so busy with our games, we forgot about the white rabbit

Don't make me fall in love again,
don't let your hand touch mine,
don't make that old familiar thrill
start tingling in my spine -
Don't make the nights rush by again
and all the days seem long -
don't fill my earth and sky again -
let one of us be strong.
Don't make me talk about you,
just to say your name aloud
or let my eyes betray me
when I see you in a crowd -
Don't make me fall in love again,
please let my heart decide
that this is just another game,
a roller coaster ride -
but who knows where a love begins
or how a game might end -
and maybe somewhere in between
I'll fall in love again . . . .

by Nan Witcomb,
from "The Thoughts of Nanushka"
Volume I, "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow"

No comments: