Wednesday, May 5, 2010

freedom is here

sitting, waiting, wishing
right here within four walls
they're closing in on me
while my god he patiently calls
"climb out of there, you're dying,
i'm right here on the other side."
but everytime i try to move
i give up and say "i tried"
and slowly i'm choking to death
while my God desperately begs
"come to me, please baby,
to get you out, i'll drag"
I'm screaming and i'm kicking
while the devil whispers lies
"you'll never make it because
you're small and it's too high
just sit still, give up now,
you won't be strong enough"
but my God he is so gracious,
while the devil he just bluffs.
and all the while i'm frozen
too scared to make a choice
do i reach up for God or
just resign to the devil's voice?
i look up and stare at Jesus
his eyes so full of joy
as i raise my hand towards him
and put an end to all my toil.

written at 7.05 AM, 5th of May 2010,
in my journal.
a part of me no-one except God has ever seen before.

No comments: