Sunday, August 24, 2008

everything.

i currently have a LOT of thoughts floating around in my little head. so this'll be a bit random and all over the place.. i'll put sub-titles to make it easier =)

Mike Guglielmucci
by now, everyone probably knows about this. and if not.. click on this link: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24212817-5006301,00.html

when my dad first told me, i was angry, then i was shocked, then i felt sorry for him. i really do wonder why anyone would make up cancer.. perhaps it's his hunger for fame gone a bit crazy, or maybe he was never really sane in the first place. who knows.. what i do know was that God is a God of forgiveness and second chances. i still dno what to really think of this, except to pray for him and his family. his poor wife didn't know about any of this either. but mainly, my concern goes towards the youth and people who gave their lives to christ or grew in christ through his testimony. what now do they have to be inspired by? it's really sad if people backslide because of this. i think we must really hope that people do not begin to condemn mike - we're all human and fallen.

Generation Y
Yesterday at church, Ps. Mark Sayers ran a half day seminar on Gen Y. this really was a reminder to me about the world and culture we have grown up and now live in. it really saddens me how materialistic and secular we all are. i am so sad at the lack of God in our culture. it really got me questioning how we could possibly change this or get people to consider following Jesus when there are so many other things in this world that seem so much more appealing. then, i remembered what God challenged me when Chris Hope came to speak. God challenged me that day that he was all-powerful and he can do anything, including save our generation. i guess i still doubt. it also saddens me to see how shallow many youth groups are these days. they're all so program based and the youth of our generation seem to just base their faith on hype - which will fade. i really do hope God raises up the genuine christians of our generation.

friends.
don't you hate when you lose them?
my dad preached on friendship at church this morning..

"and friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them.." - a song by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant.

i guess i need to begin to cultivate the friendships which help me grow in God.


i also decided to paint yesterday - it was completely random.
to help you understand my mood.. i was listening to "the Last Goodbye" by James Morrison.



thats it for now =)
xoxo

No comments: